Monday 29 October 2012

A couple of Landscapey type things for you!

Well here I am again with some more pics of some of the things I've been painting lately. I've had a go at doing a few landscapes inspired by the local landscape of Devon and Dartmoor. The above is extremely loosely based on a local landmark - Brentor, which is located centrally between Okehampton, Launceston and Tavistock.  It's a beautiful and rugged place, riddled with my and legend. (apologies for the photo - trying to get the colour right is a nightmare!)

The three landscapes below are all from my imagination but pulled together from so many of the lovely patchwork landscapes we have here in Devon.




All of the above have now been listed in my Etsy shop - As the Crow Flies Are -, as well as a few of my more crafty creations. I've also added a new post to my other blog Craft Fetish, so if you have the time and the inclination, feel free to take a look!

Anyway with all this activity I need to have a cup of tea so I'm off to make a brew.
Have fun! Jen

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness they're lovely! I've been in South Devon for a couple of days and we drove through Dartmoor on the way home. This is such a lovely reminder of one of my favourite places. Dartmoor has a special place in my heart. :)
    Jess x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jess. Hope you had a good time here in Devon and glad you like the pics! x x

    ReplyDelete